Taking your business online is a huge step. When you set up an online presence for your brand, you create more ways of reaching out to infinite customers. You create brand visibility and take the initiative to upscale your business. While the quality of your services and products determines to a large extent how profitable your eCommerce store will be, there is one other major factor that can make or break your brand’s online journey. The open source eCommerce software you choose to create your website will be a decisive factor too. The performance of your website, its UX, accessibility, and a lot more will depend on the functionalities offered by the software. This is why, before choosing an eCommerce software, you need to have an idea about what you should be getting out of them.
Features premium eCommerce applications should offer a user:
A leading eCommerce marketplace’s primary objective will be to make your job as a business owner or a service provider easy. Whether your business falls under the B2B or B2C space, the perfect software will accommodate every need of the website admin. If you are unsure about what benefits you can ask of an eCommerce marketplace software, do not worry. Here is a compilation that gives you a fair view of how such software should ideally aid you in your journey of taking your business online:
- The best open source e-commerce software will cater to a variety of businesses. It will be a one-stop solution for SMEs as well as large-scale firms. Not only that, whether your business deals with retail goods, property, rentals, or any other services, the software should support your unique needs to the best possible extent.
- If you are taking your business online, you already know how important having a well-optimized website is for a business owner. An eCommerce application software should grant you access to at least a hundred different storefronts to choose from and an optimized interface for better ranking and visibility.
- No two businesses are the same. Every brand has to have a unique appeal to charm its potential customers. Customization is the key. An interface that allows you to personalize the online marketplace is the one that you should be choosing.
- You are starting an online eCommerce store because you want to reach out to more customers. The very best software will help you in this regard by giving you tools and features to increase accessibility. For instance, they can support international transactions by allowing your customers preference-based and location-based payment gateways. The multilingual translation feature on your website will also help you create brand awareness across the globe.
- What good does having quality products and services do if you can’t market them properly? A leading eCommerce marketplace software will provide you with multiple marketing tools. From newsletters to coupons and daily deals, you will be able to monetize every bit of the effort you put into your online store.
- You should not be charged for features that are critical to your business. Your website should support order tracking, refund, stock notification, reviews, shipping methods, and other similar features free of cost.
When selecting eCommerce applications for your business, it is easy to feel lost. However, if you have a checklist of all the features that you as a user deserve, you will quickly figure out which software works the best for you. Now that you have the checklist in hand, you are one step closer to setting up the perfect little online store for your business.
Will my store be able to process payments from all types of cards?
If you choose a top-tier software, it will be PCI DSS compliant, and support payments made through all major cards.
Will there be a limit to how many products I can upload?
No, you can upload unlimited products to your store.