Are you looking to speed up your WordPress site? Fast landing pages help you generate more traffic, improve user experience, and help with your WordPress SEO. This article will give information about developing a WordPress website and looking for the most useful WordPress speed optimization tips to boost WordPress performance and speed up your website. This article shows why speed is essential, what slows down your WordPress site, and actionable steps that help you to improve your WordPress speed faster.
Why is speed important for a WordPress site?
Research shows that from 2000 to 2016 the average human attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to 7 seconds.
It means that you have very little time to show your content to users and convince them to stay on your website. A slow website means users will surely leave your website before it even loads.
According the Strange Loop case study involved amazon, google. Other large sites lead to 7% loss in conversions, 11% fewer pages views, and 16% decrease in customer satisfaction because of 1 second delay in a page load time can lead to 7% loss in conversions, 11% fewer page views, and 16% decreases in customer satisfaction. Google and other search engines started penalizing slower websites by pushing them down in the search engine which means lower traffic for a slow website.
Beginners think that their website is ok because it doesn’t get slow on their computer. It’s a big mistake. When you open your website on your computer frequently, modern browsers like Chrome store your website in the cache and automatically prefer it as soon as you start writing the address of your site. It doesn’t feel slow on your website. Instead of that, an average user visits your site the first time they do not feel the same experience. Users on another geographical location visit your site have a different experience.
What Slows Down Your Website?
Learning what slows down your website and working on it helps you making performance and making smarter and long-term decisions.
Primary causes for a slow website
Web Hosting: When your web hosting is not accurate it can slows down your website.
Page Size: Mainly images that aren’t optimized for the web.
Bad Plugins: If you’re using the poorly coded plugin, it probably slows your website.
WordPress configuration: If your website is not capable of serving cached pages, then it will overload your website, which causing you to the web, thus make your website slow or crash entirely.
Now, let a look at how to speed up your WordPress website.
1. Remove Unused Plugins: Unless you have a brand new WordPress website, chances you have installed too many plugins, which are you don’t use over the years. Some of this can impact your page speed. So its works to remove that unnecessary plugin.
2. Clean up your media library: Over time you start to accumulate images that are no longer used. To free up space, you should consider removing unused media.
3. Clean up your database: If left unchecked, your WordPress database will start to accumulate clutter over time. This unnecessary bloat can slow down your site. However, with regular clean-ups, you can reduce your database size for faster loading.
4. Optimize Images: Images are imperative to keeping a site visitor engaged. While your site may contain a ton of beautiful imagery, it’s a good idea to optimize these images to achieve fast page load times.
5. Lazy Load pages: Lazy loading prevent the elements lower on your site and it brings your website lower to scroll down.
6. Reduces Redirect: Redirects have some uses in your site, but unnecessary redirects can slow down your website. To reduce the number of redirects on your website.
7. Choose fast and lightweight themes: Not all WordPress themes are created equal—some are written better than others. A beautiful UI design is meaningless if your site fails to load fast. Rather than opting for a feature-rich theme (which involves a lot of code that has to be loaded every time someone visits your site), take a minimal approach by using a theme that contains the bare bones of what is necessary to function well.
If you wondering how to speed up WordPress in the most efficient way possible then hire an expert WordPress developer who helps you to give the best solution for your website and help you to boost your website.