The Kedarkantha Trek can be found in Western Garhwal, Uttarkashi. This trek is one of the easiest in the country and is suitable for both novice and seasoned trekkers. This trek is the most beautiful thing you can experience in your lifetime. You must go on this trek at least once in your life. Experience the beauty of nature, flowing rivers. Enjoy in the lap of nature.
Kedarkantha, also known as Kedarkantha in Hinduism, is a Hindu goddess.
- It’s located in Uttarkashi’s Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in the Western Garhwal Region in Uttarakhand.
- The 20-kilometer track measures approximately 12,500ft in height and starts at 3,810m. It ends at 3,810m (approximately 12,500ft span>).
- Enjoy the Kedarkantha temperature in November or February. It is ideal because of the fact that there has been no snowfall since April.
- Dehradun, 220km away from Sankri, is the closest major city. This is the starting point of the trek. Jolly Grant Airport lies approximately 22km southeast of Dehradun.
The Kedarkantha Trek
Sankri is the first stop along the Kedarkantha route. It is a charming, small town located at 6,400 feet elevation. Jadu Ka Talab serves as the first major rest stop. It’s approximately 9,100 feet high and takes 5 hours from Sankri to reach.
This first stretch gives trekkers a glimpse at the stunning scenery ahead. You can spend the night here and then get up for the next day.
The Kedarkantha Trek leads you through the Himalayas.
Sankri is the first stop along the Kedarkantha route. It is a charming, small town located at 6,400 feet elevation. Jadu Ka Talab serves as the first major rest point. It is located at 9,100 feet above the sea level and is about five hours from Sankri.
Along this trail you will find the Kedarkantha Maple and Kedarkantha Pine trees, as well as beautiful meadows. You can spend the night here and then get up for the next day.
The Kedarkantha Trek in the Himalayas is a challenging trek.
The Kedarkantha Trek starts in Sankri at 6,400ft elevation. Jadu Ka Talab, the first major stop is also where it begins. It is situated at 9,100 feet above the sea level, and is about 5 hours from Sankri.
You will find the famous Kedarkantha maples and Kedarkantha pin forests along the trek. There are also beautiful meadows with streams. You can relax here before you start your next adventure.
What should you do?
- This is an easy hike but it is also one of the most beautiful. Both beginners and experts can enjoy a high return on their investment.
- There will be 13 peaks encountered on your hike. These peaks offer stunning views of the sun reflecting off the snow and provide breathtaking views.
- This place is easily accessible because it is near Dehradun Sankri. You will be entertained for hours as you drive from Sankri to Sankri.
- These campsites have been called some of the most beautiful in the world.
- Many small communities are located along the trail with friendly people. Learn more about Garhwal folk culture and the ways of life of Himalayan residents.
Kedarkantha Trekking Tips
Before you embark on this incredible journey, there are some things that you need to keep in mind. You can alter the route to suit your needs.