Similar email programs to Windows Outlook include IBM Lotus Notes and Mac Outlook (Outlook for Mac). Lotus Notes is a well-known secure, safe, and versatile email client that is used to send and receive emails as well as to plan appointments, surf the web, and access other corporate applications. Thus, importing Mac Outlook (OLM) into IBM/Lotus Notes is occasionally required.
A comparison of Outlook for Mac with IBM Notes
The Lotus Notes Software and Domino software employ the Notes Storage Facility file extension, or .nsf, to store emails, appointments, documents, and other mailbox contents. The .nsf file format is used to hold all Lotus Notes files.
In order to enable Exchange connectivity from the Mac environment, Outlook for Mac was primarily created. The mailbox items are stored in files with the .olm suffix.
Since NSF and OLM both have distinctive storage architectures, NSF files cannot be directly accessed in OLM. Therefore, we must export Outlook’s mailbox contents to Lotus Notes for Mac.
How can Outlook for Mac be imported into Domino Server?
Data from Outlook for Mac may be quickly imported into Lotus Notes using a specialist application. TrustVare OLM Converter is a great example of this. It is a superb solution that enables easy transfer from Outlook for Mac to Outlook. Additionally, it offers the choice to export mailbox data from Outlook for Mac to Domino Server. Additionally, it may assist you in easily migrating Outlook for Mac to work with your Office 365 subscription.
Key Characteristics of the Software
- Quickly moving data between Domino Server and OLM
- Support for all Outlook for Mac versions
- Support for all versions of the Domino Server
- Following exporting to Domino, one may view OLM data in Lotus Notes
IBM/Lotus Notes: Mac Outlook (OLM) Import
We can easily import Outlook for Mac data into Domino Server using our TrustVare OLM Converter. The entire procedure may be completed in a few easy stages.
- Install and run the TrustVare OLM Converter Tool for converting emails.
- To add several OLM files for migration or conversion, click the plus sign or choose Browse to add a single OLM file. To find the files that need to be converted or migrated, you may alternatively choose the Search option.
- Click next after adding the file.
- To finish, click.
- Before migrating, you will have the chance to examine the OLM file contents.
- Note: If you are looking for a specific mail, click the Find Now button after entering your search parameters.
- Choose the Lotus Notes (IBM Domino) option to save the converted OLM file.
- You may now choose IBM Domino (Lotus Notes) as the output type once more.
- To save the data, enter the destination credentials.
Many users want to import their Outlook data into Lotus Notes. All of the data in Outlook is kept in PST format, but all of the information in Lotus Notes is kept in NSF format. You must import Outlook data into Lotus Notes in order to access data there.
Using this OLM Converter application is one of the most economical and effective ways. This program does a fantastic job of importing OLM files to Domino Server and enabling access to Mac Outlook emails in Lotus Notes.
It may assist you in resolving various OLM file-related issues, such as Outlook for Mac not synchronizing with Exchange Server, and repair the OLM files to improve their connectivity.