Finding a way to import Outlook Express to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 is a must for migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook. Outlook Express is no longer supported.
Additionally, MS Outlook provides more features than Outlook Express. Additionally, Microsoft Outlook is a contemporary email client that has the ability to store emails, tasks, calendars, contacts, and newspapers. Outlook Express to Outlook is a popular migration for individuals or businesses due to Windows updates.
Outlook Express Motives for Switching to Microsoft Outlook
The transition from Outlook Express to Outlook is happening for a number of reasons. The subsequent items are:
- Up until Windows XP, Outlook Express was still functional. Deceptive Attack: It involves security flaws and is prone to malicious intent.
- Other than the fundamental functionality, Outlook Express does not offer any more sophisticated capabilities.
- Performance: Email customers are less popular due to other variables such as speed and performance.
The Outlook Express to Outlook Import Process is Done by Hand
The manual process is broken down into four steps. The user must carry out the process outlined below, step by step:
- The email client Outlook Express transfers the DBX file.
- Install Windows Live Mail from Microsoft by downloading it.
- The Outlook Express DBX file should then be imported into the Windows Live Mail program.
- Lastly, export the DBX file that Windows Live Mail imported.
- First, open Outlook Express Client. Export a DBX file
Initially, a client has to look for and duplicate the whole DBX folder on Windows XP and do the below actions:
- If the user is unsure where the Message Store is located, start by going to the Tools and Options tab.
- In the Options dialogue box, click the Maintenance tab and then the Store Folder option.
- The dialog window labeled “Your Personal Message Save” displays: Within the dialog box for store location: A route is shown.
- To exit the Location Store dialog box, select the On-OK tab. Select the OK tab.
- Outlook Express must be used to end the conversation.
- Copy, paste, and then hit the Enter key in Window Explorer’s address bar. Your system will now display the current position of the DBX.
Step 2: Seat Windows Live Mail after downloading it.
- You now need to download and install the Windows Live Mail application in order to move to the following stage.
Step 3: From Outlook Express, Import DBX emails into Windows Live Mail
To export DBX messages from Outlook Express to Outlook, the user must foremost import emails to Windows Live Mail. The user has to achieve these actions:
- Behind downloading and installing, launch Microsoft Windows Live Mail on your computer.
- To access the file menu, bond the Import Messages tab.
- Determine the Import option for Outlook Express 6.
- Guide to the Outlook Express folder that you simulated from the aforementioned setup.
- Click the Import tab after selecting the folders to import into Windows Live Mail.
- Ultimately, the Import Wizard exits
Step 4: Export DBX Data to Import Outlook.
Now that you have exported DBX data to Outlook from Windows Live Mail, you need to follow the instructions in the next section:
- Initially, you must launch the Windows Live Mail application.
- Select the Messages tab after selecting the Export item from the File menu.
- A dialogue window will display, and you must pick the Microsoft Exchange tab from there.
- Close the Export Wizard after selecting the export folders.
- To find PST files in Microsoft Outlook, take the following actions:
- First, choose the File menu’s Data File Administration option.
- After choosing the Data file tab, choose the Open Folder option. Now, the user is able to locate the PST file.
- After shutting down Microsoft Outlook, copy the new system to the PST file.
Drawback of Using Manual Procedures to Convert Outlook Express to PST
- There is just one DBX file imported.
- Data loss is a possibility.
- It’s a drawn-out procedure that requires time.
- It’s difficult to execute.
- Even a small error can ruin a DBX file.
In What Way can I Convert Outlook Express to Outlook?
To get rid of the shortcomings of the manual technique, the user might choose to develop a dependable and clever GainTools DBX to PST Converter.
Outlook Express can be simply imported into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003 with the help of this utility. With the program, the user can import Outlook Express data into Outlook. It lets us import Outlook Express data into Outlook simultaneously. Additionally, the program has a drag-and-drop feature for importing DBX files. It’s a unique characteristic. With the program, importing Outlook is made simple with an intuitive graphical user interface.
It is simple to import DBX.
- Learn how to install and run the Outlook Express DBX to PST conversion software.
- Select the file that has to be converted.
- Click the Converter button to export DBX data from Outlook Express.
- View the intended location at this time.
- Press OK.
- It takes a few minutes to export all of the data after beginning the process.
To Sum Up,
The article linked above provides step-by-step instructions for importing Outlook Express into Outlook. This blog post describes how to import Outlook Express data into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and so on, using two distinct techniques. There are various shortcomings in the manual solution. Therefore, it is wise to use an intelligent and automated solution that makes this process simple to do.