Today, numerous email services and email software programs allow users to operate with any email client; nonetheless, while discussing them, it is hard to avoid hearing about MS Outlook, one of the most well-known and often-used email clients for Windows. For companies, corporations, organizations, and people that manage more than 1000 emails each day, Outlook is the greatest email program. Although MS Outlook has a Mac version, Mac users do not seem to use it frequently. In this article, we’ll walk you through converting PST to MBOX using a third-party application and some manual techniques.
Converting your PST files to MBOX format may be necessary if you want to move from Microsoft Outlook to another email client that supports the MBOX file format. The exclusive file format used by Microsoft Outlook to store email messages, contacts, calendars, and other information is called a PST file. On the other hand, many email clients employ the open-source MBOX file format to store email messages.
Motives for Converting PST to MBOX by Users
- Let’s concentrate on the most prevalent reasons why consumers desire to convert Outlook PST files to MBOX file formats supported by several email clients, such as Thunderbird, Spice Bird, Eudora, Apple Mail, etc.
- For many common users, MS Outlook ends up becoming highly pricey over time. After a set amount of time, customers must buy a licensed edition of MS Office. To test the software out, you may download MS Outlook and join up during the trial time; but, to continue using it, you must buy a license.
- Therefore, a lot of people prefer to switch from MS Outlook to free MBOX-compatible email programs. Single users prefer desktop email applications, which are freely accessible online and open source.
- MS Outlook PST files may become damaged and unavailable. When it comes to Microsoft products, there isn’t a natural way to fix file loss or corruption problems, and PST only functions with MS Outlook. Thus, if the file becomes corrupted just once, we might find ourselves in a sticky situation for a very long period.
- MBOX files may be viewed on any OS, but Outlook users must have Windows OS activated in order to utilize them.
- You understand the reasons and circumstances under which users could require the conversion of Outlook PST files to MBOX files, and I hope you have learned the key differences between the two file formats. Next, let’s talk about how to convert a PST file to an MBOX file.
Steps for Converting Outlook PST Files to MBOX
A few manual conversion techniques for PST files may be used to convert to MBOX format, but they are not as simple as utilizing a third-party program.
Using Thunderbird and Outlook, convert PST files to MBOX format.
Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird are also needed for this technique.
First, convert any PST files to EML format.
- First, export the PST file(s) to EML format in Microsoft Outlook. Open Outlook and choose the PST file(s) you wish to convert to do this.
- Choose “Import and Export” under the “File” menu.
- Choose “Export to a file” in the Import and Export Wizard, then “Outlook Data File (.pst)”.
- Select “EML” as the file type after choosing the PST file you wish to export.
- Select the location folder in which to save the EML files.
Open Thunderbird and import EML files
- Import the EML files into Mozilla Thunderbird after exporting the PST file(s) to EML format. Doing this
- Launch Thunderbird and select the ‘Tools’ menu option.
- To import EML files, choose “Import” and then “Mail.”
- Select “Next” after choosing the EML files you wish to import.
- After selecting the destination folder for the imported files, click “Finish.”
- The target folder will be used to store the converted MBOX versions of the EML files.
PST is exported manually into an MBOX file type. However, TrustVare PST to MBOX Converter, an all-in-one solution to manage all types of concerns or demands linked to Outlook PST data files, is what we advise adopting for dependable and secure conversion.
Automatic Outlook PST to MBOX Conversion Tool
This tool’s sophisticated algorithm was specifically created to efficiently scan and convert Outlook PST files to MBOX files. Additionally, the program is quite capable since it enables you to convert PST to MBOX and transfer all of the mail data into MBOX format for use with other email clients like Spice Bird, Thunderbird, etc. Here, we will demonstrate the TrustVare PST to MBOX Converter’s operation so that you may convert Outlook PST files to MBOX files without encountering any technical difficulties.
The steps to convert Outlook PST to MBOX format are as follows:-
- On your computer, download and launch the TrustVare PST to MBOX converter.
- Click “Open” after finding and selecting the file you want to convert.
- Now the file folders will be visible. To preview any folder’s email or item, click it.
- The MBOX file will now be saved at the target place that you have chosen. To finish the procedure, use the “Save Now” button.
- Finally, you will get a message on your computer indicating that the “saving” procedure has been finished. At this point, you may also combine all of your converted folder entries into a single MBOX file, if you so want.
If you wish to transfer from Microsoft Outlook to another email client that supports the MBOX file format, you must convert PST files to MBOX format, which might be a difficult operation. We’ve covered two techniques in this blog article for converting PST files to MBOX format: utilizing a third-party application and using manual techniques. Manual techniques can also be utilized if you don’t want to use a third-party program, even if utilizing one is the fastest and most reliable option. Use your new email client that supports the MBOX file format, and select the approach that works best for you.