For a variety of reasons, it might be necessary to convert an Exchange Server mailbox to PST. Taking a backup of a mailbox prior to deleting the account, experiencing mailbox-related issues, migrating to Outlook 365, or any of the above could be among the causes.
The following are the three methods available for exporting exchange mailboxes to PST
• Outlook subscriptions can be exported using PowerShell.
• Utilize the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) to export mailboxes.
• Exchange inboxes via Outlook export
Using PowerShell cmdlets to export Exchange mailboxes to PST is the most effective of the three methods, as it makes use of native tools to accomplish this. Therefore, in order to accomplish this, the Exchange Management Shell must be launched from the Exchange Server or another system equipped with the Exchange Management Tools.
Conditions for Exchange Administrator Candidacy
Export the mailboxes using the New-Mailbox Export Request PowerShell cmdlet once the folder has been accessed. Nonetheless, the following two conditions must be met in order to proceed:
• Obtain the required permission
• Establish a shared folder for the export
Permissions granted by the administrator of the Exchange
In order to obtain the required permissions, the Exchange Administrator must bestow the Import/Export role upon the user who will receive the data. This is provided through PowerShell or the Exchange Admin Center (EAC).
To configure permissions using EAC, perform the following
• Access the permissions and Admin roles via the Exchange Admin Center (EAC).
• By clicking the plus sign, a new role can be created.
• Assign the Import/Export role to the user whose privileges will be utilized to export the mailboxes.
The Exchange Management Shell commands listed below are necessary to designate the role to PowerShell
User “<Username>” is the assigned New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export”
ImportExport is the name of the New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –SecurityGroup “Organization Management”
Smart Way to Convert an Exchange Server Mailbox to PST
An alternative method exists for converting the Exchange .edb file to an Outlook PST file. The DataVare Exchange Recovery Application possesses a multitude of functionalities that facilitate the effortless conversion of Exchange Server data to Outlook PST files.
The Quiet Functions of the DataVare Exchange Recovery Application
• To begin with, the software facilitates the recovery of corrupted or damaged data from the live exchange server to an Outlook PST file.
• This application is highly proficient in merging multiple files into a single PST file.
• The application is capable of dividing the sizable file into several segments.
• One significant advantage of the software is that a free trial version is available for installation. The trial version offers restricted functionality for thirty days at no cost.
• The recovered data from the exchange server can be saved in an assortment of file formats, including HTML, MHTML, PST, MBOX, PDF, EML, EMLX, MSG, VCF, and MBOX.
• The application has the ability to transform sizable .edb files. It indicates that there is no file size restriction.
• One notable attribute of the software is its capability to convert both public and private folders from Exchange to Office 365 or PST format.
• The exchange recovery utility is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Windows. The software is compatible with Microsoft email clients and the kind operating system.
Utilizing cutting-edge technology, the DataVare EDB to PST Converter software features a straightforward graphical user interface. Utilizing this instrument does not necessitate any technical expertise.